The Whitefish Bay girls cross country team took sixth in the WIAA Division 1 state cross country meet Saturday, and senior Nate Gomoll took seventh individually in the boys race.
Arrowhead won the Division 1 girls race, followed by Neenah, Madison West, Middleton, Eau Claire Memorial and Whitefish Bay. Whitefish Bay qualified for the state meet after placing first in their sectional and in the North Shore Conference.
Gomoll took seventh in the Division 1 boys race with a time of 15:45.06. The boys cross country team took third in their sectional last week.
The girls' individual times are as follows:
- Hannah Lyons, 25th place, 15:07.21
- Reilly Koch, 47th place, 15:32.54
- Sara Coffey, 61st place, 15:38.43
- Claire Hentzen, 71st place, 15:41.90
- Alana Blegen, 135th place, 16:13.62
- Jessica O'Neill, 149th place, 16:20.31
- Haleigh Morton, 152nd place, 16:22.28