The Whitefish Bay Village Board has a meaty agenda Tuesday night, discussing topics from sewer planning, artificial turf at Cahill and a consultant for the Mandel apartment project.
The board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at . Among the items on the agenda:
- Deciding on the assessment method to be used for the . Village staff recommends the homeowner be responsible for the cost of the replacement, with financing available from the village over a seven-year period at an interest rate equal to the rate of borrowing plus 1 percent.
- A proposal from Friends of Bay Baseball to install artificial turf at . If the Village Board is interested in providing $50,000 in assistance for the project, Friends of Bay Baseball would raise the remaining $150,000.
- A $50,000 fee to be paid to Milwaukee County for a perpetual storm sewer easement from Wilson Drive to the Milwaukee River through Estabrook Park. Village staff has worked with County Parks staff to reach this agreement. Shorewood recently went through a similar process with the county and reached a similar agreement with the same fee.
- A $2,000 contract with Mannedge Consulting to review the Mandel apartment proposal. More specifically, evaluating the accuracy of Mandel's stated construction costs, as well as parking plans and other information.
- A resolution expressing an opposition to the proposed downtown Milwaukee streetcar project if non-Milwaukee utility users will be charged for utility or utility relocation costs related to the project. The Wisconsin Public Service Commission will decide whether the city or the utility companies will pay for those costs.