Whitefish Bay police continue to investigate two home burglaries reported last week:
- Two laptops and $30 in cash were stolen during a burglary in the 5200 block of Bay Ridge Avenue sometime between 10:30 p.m. on June 10 and 7:45 a.m. on June 11. The burglar entered the home through an unlocked bathroom window.
- In the 5400 block of North Shoreland Avenue, someone climbed through an unsecured rear kitchen window and stole a Dell laptop, Kindle reader, and cash from a wallet sometime between 11 p.m. Saturday and 1:20 a.m. Sunday. Police took a cigarette butt and rag from the scene as evidence.
With the warmer weather, the village is reminding residents to take extra safety precautions:
- Close and secure first floor windows and doors when not at home.
- Do not leave front door unsecured while in backyard.
- Conduct a security check prior to going to bed to ensure doors are locked and windows are secured.
- Call the Whitefish Bay Police Department if you see anything suspicious in your neighborhood.