- Three thousand dollars worth of property was stolen out of a home in the 5500 block of Kent Avenue between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Sept. 24. The homeowner said the burglar removed the screen on an unlocked window on the back side of the home. The stolen items include a computer valued at $1,200, along with several necklaces, bracelets, earrings and watches.
- Two 46-inch televisions were stolen from a home in the 4500 block of Cramer Street between 7 a.m. on Sept. 26 and 8 a.m. on Sept. 27. The burglars broke in by smashing a rear patio door window.
- Whitefish Bay police responded to a burglary in progress in the 4600 block of Lake Drive at 12:13 a.m. on Sept. 22. The resident said he saw a man attempt to enter the north side kitchen door, but he was able to scare the thief away by pounding on the kitchen window. Police from Whitefish Bay and Shorewood were unable to find the would-be intruder.
In other Whitefish Bay police news:
- Two boys were cited for underage drinking after one of them fell out of a parked car in the 5000 block of Woodruff Avenue at 8:08 p.m. on Sept. 21.
- A boy was arrested at 3:26 p.m. on Sept. 23 for stealing three bikes. One of the bikes, which was unlocked, was stolen from the high school during lunch hour that day. The other two bikes were stolen in the 4900 block of Anita Avenue and the 4900 block of Shoreland Avenue.
- A boy was cited for stealing a locked bike from the Whitefish Bay Middle School bike racks sometime between 7 p.m. on Sept. 19 and 2 p.m. on Sept. 22. He was taken into custody at 3:40 p.m. Sept. 25.