A series of minor thefts were also reported throughout the village last week, including the theft of a concrete planter, Christmas decorations and thefts from a locker room.
- A concrete planter valued at $3,000 was stolen from a front lawn in the 1900 block of E. Cumberland Boulevard sometime between 4 p.m. Jan. 10 and 4 p.m. Jan. 11.
- A wire Christmas decoration valued at $50 was stolen from a lawn in the 4600 block of Lake Drive sometime between 9 p.m. Jan. 9 and 8 a.m. Jan. 11.
- A white, black and red mountain bike valued at $150 was stolen from outside sometime between 7:40 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Jan 11.
- Valuables were stolen from unlocked lockers in the men's locker room of the Thursday night. A wallet and cell phone were taken from one locker, and a cell phone was taken from the other two lockers. Two of the victims believe their phones were stolen between 6:45 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. Thursday.
In other Whitefish Bay police news:
- In addition to the caused by the first major snow of the year Thursday, another accident happened later in the night at 10:20 p.m. Thursday at Hampton Road and Marlborough Drive. The accident was caused by one of the drivers not stopping at a flashing red light. Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
- A Whitefish Bay student was followed home by several other kids and pushed, called names and punched in the face one time at 3:35 p.m. Friday. Police counseled and warned the kids and parents involved.