A car window was smashed open to steal a purse left in plain view in the parking lot on Aug. 27. The purse contained sunglasses, a wallet and a ring valued at $9,000. The theft occurred sometime between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
In other Whitefish Bay police news:
- A 25-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman were caught having sex on the beach at at 2 a.m. Sept. 3. They were ejected from the park and mailed citations for violating park closing hours.
- A woman in the 6300 block of Lake Drive called police at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 4 to report a man engaged in questionable activity on the private beach property. Police interviewed the 34-year-old Milwaukee man, who said he is diabetic and had to urinate. He was cited for disorderly conduct and trespassing.
- A man drove away from with $35 worth of gas without paying at 1:22 p.m. Saturday.
- A decorative planter was stolen from a yard in the 4900 block of Lake Drive sometime between 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Sunday. The planter is valued at $80.00.
- A cell phone was stolen from the women's locker room sometime between 4:15 p.m. and 5:20 p.m. Friday.
Four bikes have been stolen in the past two weeks:
- Two bikes were stolen from a garage in the 5200 block of Santa Monica Boulevard sometime Thursday, Friday or Saturday. The bikes are a 26-inch black Gary Fisher Cronus bike and a silver Trek women's bike.
- An unlocked bike was taken from inside the entrance to the sometime between 4:55 p.m. and 6:08 p.m. on Aug. 30.
- A bike was stolen from a fenced-in rear yard in the 300 block of Birch Avenue between 10:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. on Sept. 3.