A cab driver said he was punched in the face and robbed of $200 by a passenger he transported to Whitefish Bay early Saturday morning.
The driver said he dropped off a man in his mid 20s on Henry Clay Street just west of Marlborough Drive at 3 a.m. Oct. 13. After punching the cab driver and taking his money, the man fled on foot southbound down Marlborough Drive to Hampton Road, where the cab driver lost sight of him.
Whitefish Bay and Shorewood police officers checked the area, but did not locate the man.
In other Whitefish Bay police news:
- A male driver was arrested for drunken driving on Lake Drive at Fairmount Avenue at 2:14 a.m. Oct. 10. Police initially pulled the vehicle over for failure to dim high beam lights. The man's blood alcohol content measured 0.14.
- Police responded to a fight between a 22-year-old Whitefish Bay man and a 19-year-old Glendale woman on Oct. 6 in the alley behind an apartment building in the 300 block of Henry Clay Drive. The woman was arrested for underage drinking, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. The man was arrested for possession of a switch blade knife, disorderly conduct and bail jumping.
- An Obama-Baldwin yard sign was stolen between 6 p.m. Oct. 12 and 2 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 1600 block of Cumberland Boulevard.
- A female driver struck a tree with her vehicle at the turn at Lake Drive and Silver Spring Drive at 1:19 p.m. Oct. 14.
- Two 18-year-old Milwaukee men and a 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were cited for disorderly conduct after police caught them fighting outside Whitefish Bay High School at 9:30 p.m. Oct. 5.
- Police investigated a report of a suspicious RV with British Columbia plates in the 4900 block of Woodruff Avenue at 9:11 p.m. on Oct. 7. The occupants told police that they stopped to rest on their "Journey to See The World." Police advised them of overnight parking rules and they left the area.
CVS Pharmacy has seen some thefts in the liquor department recently:
- Two males were cited for retail theft after stealing two bottles of Absolut vodka at 3:32 p.m. Oct. 8.
- Another liquor theft was attempted at 2:25 p.m. Friday. The suspect left the scene in a silver Kia with no plates.
- A 44-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested after stealing $70 worth of liquorat 7:13 p.m. Oct. 6. Police located her in the 400 block of Hampton Road, and then recovered the liquor and cited her for retail theft.
Bike thefts continue to be a problem in Whitefish Bay:
- A metallic blue Trek mountain bike valued at $1,500 was stolen from the bike racks behind Winkie's at around 3 p.m. Oct. 9.
- An unlocked Giant mountain bike, blue in color, was stolen from the unlocked cage at Whitefish Bay Middle School on Oct. 9.
- An unlocked Trek mountain bike, metallic charcoal in color, was stolen from Whitefish Bay High School on Oct. 5 between 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The bike is valued at $500.