A 51-year-old Whitefish Bay man was arrested for his third drunk driving offense last week after a slow, swerving drive through the village.
Police saw the man’s vehicle swerving and traveling between 10 mph and 20 mph while headed southbound on North Lake Drive near Day Avenue, and one officer parked on the street said the car almost struck the rear end of his squad at 10 p.m. Thursday.
When the driver turned right onto westbound Silver Spring Drive, the car’s tires went onto the island at the intersection. After following the vehicle down Santa Monica Boulevard, officers stopped him on Henry Clay Drive at Diversey Boulevard. His blood alcohol content measured 0.17. The man was previously convicted of OWIs in 2008 and 2010.
In other Whitefish Bay police news:
- Another case of was reported last week. A small tree in the playground area was cut down, and an aluminum boat chained to the tree was moved to the field southwest of the sometime late Thursday night or early Friday morning.
- An 18-year-old Whitefish Bay girl and an 18-year-old Brown Deer man were both cited for underage drinking and disorderly conduct at 1:46 a.m. Monday morning in the 4900 block of North Newhall Street. Officers could hear loud screaming of profanities from the street. The Brown Deer man said they often get in loud arguments when drinking.
- A 70-year-old Glendale woman drove her vehicle down a grass hill through a chain link fence and into the JCC’s day care playground at about 4 p.m. Sunday.
- A 23-year-old Milwaukee woman that has been banned from Silver Spring businesses for previous thefts was found littering and pouring a bottle of Listerine mouthwash into a planter after she noticed another police officer in the area. She was cited for littering and taken into custody on a warrant from outside the village.
- A house in the 5500 block of North Hollywood Avenue was egged sometime in the early morning hours of June 12. A large ornamental light on the garage was broken.