Nearly $32,000 in jewelery and other valuables was stolen from a home in the 5000 block of Larkin Street Monday afternoon.
Police suspect an 18-year-old Racine girl was involved in the burglary that took place between 8:10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday. The burglar allegedly took a jewelry box and ripped a small safe out of the basement family room wall. Some of the stolen rings, watches and earrings were valued as high as $3,000 or $5,000.
- A 25-year-old Shorewood man was cited for loitering/prowling after he blacked out from drinking in the 5000 block of North Lake Drive around 4:44 a.m. Saturday. A homeowner originally reported finding the man in the 5000 block of North Palisades Road, but he had apparently relocated to the 5000 block of Lake Drive by the time police arrived.
- A 28-year-old Menomonee Falls man was cited for his first drunken driving offense at 1:53 a.m. Sunday in the 4800 block of North Hollywood Avenue. His blood alcohol content measured 0.12. He was also cited for failing to stop at a stop sign.
- Police stopped a 26-year-old Oak Creek man in the 4900 block of North Lake Drive and took him into custody for his second drunken driving offense at 1:54 a.m. Saturday. A test showed his blood alcohol content was at 0.18. He was also cited for failing to stop at a stop sign and operating while revoked.
- A 20-year-old West Allis man was stopped in the 4700 block of North Diversey Boulevard at 2 a.m. Friday and was cited with an underage alcohol violation, operating without insurance, non-registration and operating a motorcycle without a license.
- When Whitefish Bay cops pulled over a GMC Yukon displaying false registration, they ended up issuing more than just one citation. The 28-year-old Milwaukee man driving the vehicle at Hampton Road and Santa Monica Boulevard at 12:28 a.m. Tuesday was taken into custody through a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrant and was cited for possession of open intoxicants, possession of marijuana, operating after revocation, improperly attached license plates and non-registered auto.
- A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was pulled over and arrested for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia in the 500 block of East Day Avenue Friday night after police found a bottle of marijuana and a pipe in an area of Klode Park where he and his two friends had been standing earlier. Additional paraphernalia, marijuana and a switchblade were located in the vehicle.
- Two Whitefish Bay men, ages 21 and 23, were cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:34 p.m. Thursday. Police responded to the 4900 block of North Shoreland Avenue on a report of the smell of marijuana, and both men admitted to smoking marijuana and turned over two marijuana pipes.
Other police news
- A Shorewood man reported his iPhone went missing from an unlocked locker at the JCC sometime between 1:45 p.m. ad 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
- All squads reported to the 4900 block of North Newhall for a report of a vehicle with front-end damage driving southbound at 8:52 p.m. Feb. 11. The driver had struck a parkway tree on that block while fleeing from an altercation with an unknown second vehicle. The man was cited for driving too fast for conditions.
- Hand and power tools were stolen from an unlocked garage sometime between 5 p.m. Feb. 15 and 9 a.m. Feb. 16 in the 4700 block of North Oakland Avenue.