1. Green Tea. Known for its powerful antioxidant and boosting metabolism effect, green tea tops this chart. This tea has also been known to lower cholesterol and improve the ratio of good cholesterol (HDL) to bad cholesterol (LDL). I recommend one cup of green tea daily.
2. Lean Organic Beef is loaded with protein and helps synthesis of hemoglobin which aids in red blood cell production. Meat is one product that should always be purchased organic where and when possible.
3. Broccoli. This vegetable is the never-ending talked about super food. Broccoli is packed with calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber. Broccoli also contains powerful antioxidants and also helps to detox the body of harmful levels of estrogen. High levels of estrogen have been linked to breast cancer, ovarian cancer and uterine cancer.
4. Cayenne Pepper. This spice causes you to burn fat! I know, who would have thought. Cayenne pepper kick starts your metabolism and makes foods taste great.
5. Nuts. Not only do they provide plenty of high-quality protein but also a perfectly balanced assortment of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Walnuts particularly also contain healthful polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats that lower deadly artery-clogging cholesterol.
6. Eggs, organic. One egg contains six grams of high-quality protein and all nine essential amino acids. Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D and despite the rumor of elevating your cholesterol – present research proves the opposite effect.
7. Spinach contains anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits from spinach phytonutrients. Spinach contains numerous nutrients making it a powerful antioxidant. The vitamin K found in leafy vegetable helps prevent excessive activation of osteoclasts, the cells that break down bone. And let’s not forget the vitamin C, vitamin A and iron content.
8. Mixed Berries are low glycemic and are known for their phytonutrients for antioxidant, antimicrobial and anticarcinogenic protection.
9. Avocado. This fruit is nothing shy of amazing! Avocado has anti-inflammatory benefits, better heart health and regulating of blood sugars. Recent research has found absorption of two key carotenoid antioxidant increases significantly when fresh avocado (or avocado oil) is added to an otherwise avocado-free salad. FUN FACT: avocado has more usable protein than a steak!
10. Fish Oil. Drum roll please. Fish oils have been proven to increase insulin sensitively, inhibit fat storage, provide energy, promote muscle growth, prevent muscle breakdown, lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure. There are numerous studies on effects of fighting cancers and many diseases. It’s one of the most beneficial supplements you can take because it influences so many aspects of heath and athletic performance.