Summer vacation is – gasp! – nearing its end already, which means it’s time to get ready to head back to school.
Here are some important things you need to know as the first day of school in the Whitefish Bay School District fast approaches:
When is the first day of school? We’ll start with the easiest question of all. For all for Whitefish Bay schools, it's Tuesday, Sept. 3, the day after Labor Day.
But there are other important dates on the calendar you need to know, like late-start days (Sept. 25 is the first one) and days when there is no class (Oct. 24 and 25 are the first of those!).
What are the hours of the school day? It varies a little bit, depending on the school:
- High School: 7:45 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:50 a.m. to 2:56 p.m.
- Cumberland Elementary: 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Richards Elementary: 8:05 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
When is registration for the fall?
- High School: Tuesday, Aug. 20, 8 a.m. to noon for students whose last names start with A-L; Wednesday, Aug. 21, from noon to 4 p.m. for students whose last names start with M-Z.
- Middle School: Thursday, Aug. 22, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cumberland: Thursday, Aug. 22, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Richards: Thursday, Aug. 22, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
More information and a registration form can be found on the district website!
I’d like to start shopping for school supplies now. What does my child needs? Just click on the school link, and you’ll be in the know.
How do I keep up to date on school happenings in Whitefish Bay? We started with an easy question and we'll finish with one ... by reading Whitefish Bay Patch! Sign up for our daily email newsletter and you won't miss a thing!
Connect with your community on Patch!