Police Report: Theft From Vehicles, Drunk Driving
Two reports of thefts from vehicles, two reports of drunken driving and another report of underage drinking are among the items in the Whitefish Bay police log last week.
Whitefish Bay police received two reports of thefts from unlocked vehicles last week:
- Two hundred dollars in cash and assorted credit cards were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the alley of the 5400 block of North Diversey Boulevard sometime between 8:30 p.m. May 23 and 7 a.m. May 24.
- A wallet and $3 in change was stolen from an unlocked vehicle entered sometime between 9 p.m. May 23 and 8 a.m. May 24.
- A man was pulled over by police for not yielding to a pedestrian in a crosswalk at Marlborough Drive and Birch Avenue at 3:39 p.m. May 29. The man was taken into custody for operating while intoxicated, registering a blood alcohol content of 0.16
- A 29 year-old Glendale man was taken into custody for drunken driving on Lake Drive near Oakland Avenue at 2:19 a.m. May 26.
In other Whitefish Bay police news:
- An underage drinking party was broken up in the 5100 block of North Elkhart Avenue at 8 p.m. May 26. Three to four subjects fled when they saw the police. An 18-year-old Whitefish Bay man and an 18-year-old man from Naperville, Ill. were cited for underage drinking.
- A car hit a street light and a tree near the intersection of Lake Drive and Bartlett Avenue at 9:19 p.m. on May 25. No vehicle information was obtained, but police did recover a driver side mirror and two pieces of the vehicle.
- A woman was cited for retail theft after attempting to steal $12.80 in merchandise from Sendik's at 6:28 p.m. May 29.