Police Report: Drunk Driver Lands in Neighbor's Lawn
The latest reports from the Whitefish Bay Police Department.
A resident in the 5100 block of Elkhart Avenue reported some unneighborly conduct at 4:35 p.m. Friday, when his 58-year-old neighbor drove his vehicle onto his lawn numerous times before parking in his own driveway next door.
The homeowner that called the police said the man, who rents a room next door, has done similar things in the past, as recently as the day before when he drove into their front yard and over a corner of their garden.
Police made contact with the man, who had a blood alcohol content of 0.22. Officers reported his speech was slurred, and when he walked, he needed to use the walls to stabilize himself. He told police he did not remember driving into the neighbor's yard minutes earlier.
Police took him into custody for drunken driving. He was released less than an hour later to a responsible party.
In other police news:
- A 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was taken into custody for drunken driving in the 4900 block of North Ardmore Avenue at 2:42 a.m. Saturday after her blood alcohol content was measured at 0.18. She was also cited with not using her tail lamps, imprudent speed, operating after suspension and failing to wear a seatbelt.
- A 29-year-old Milwaukee man was cited with retail theft after officers searched his backpack and found $34 worth of food that he stole from Sendik's at 5:47 p.m. Sunday.
- A 43-year-old Milwaukee woman reported losing a wallet containing $1,000 in cash and a check for $150 while watching a movie at Fox Bay Cinema Grill on Nov. 27. She did not discover the wallet missing until two hours after she left the movie theater.
- A 30-year-old Whitefish Bay woman reported Wednesday that her ex-boyfriend, a 40-year-old Milwaukee man, had kicked in her rear door, damaged her television and stole a watch at her home in the 4900 block of Berkeley Boulevard. She told police she did not want the man charged.
- A Whitefish Bay Middle School student reported his Nook Color e-reader tablet valued at $246 was stolen from the school's media center between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Thursday.
The excerpt about the drunken driving arrest on Elkhart Avenue was updated at 2 p.m. Tuesday with new information from the full police report.