Car Windows Rocked By Vandals
Last week's police logs also show electronics were stolen from United Methodist Church and a home on Glendale Avenue was burglarized.
Rocks were thrown through the windows of two different cars on the east side of the village late Friday night:
- A resident in the 600 block of Lake View Avenue reported someone threw a large rock through the front window of their vehicle sometime between 10 p.m. Friday and 7:30 a.m. Saturday. The vehicle was parked in the street, and the doors on the vehicle were still locked.
- Another rock was thrown through the rear window of a vehicle between 8 p.m. Friday and 3:30 p.m. Saturday. The car was parked in a driveway in the 5500 block of Lake Drive.
In other Whitefish Bay police news:
- A 13-inch Macbook Pro and a 32-gigabyte iPad were stolen from United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay between 5:10 p.m. and 6:50 p.m. on Jan. 15. The suspect, who is unknown, was able to forcefully enter the locked pastor's office where the electronics were kept.
- Three televisions and a laptop were stolen from a home in the 2100 block of Glendale Avenue between 12:10 p.m. and 3:55 p.m. on Jan. 17. Police did not find any signs of forced entry.
- Police ticketed door-to-door solicitors P2C Dreamers of America, who were found walking around Whitefish Bay last week. A Lake Drive resident reported on Jan. 17 that he gave the group $15, but later discovered the website and phone number for the group were false. Police cited the group for soliciting on Diversey Boulevard the following day.
- A phone valued at $175 was stolen from an unlocked locker at the Jewish Community Center, 6255 N. Santa Monica Blvd., on Sunday sometime between 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.