- Organization: Whitefish Bay Recreation and Community Education Department.
- Causes: Kids
- Date(s): Monday through Wednesday from 8:45am to 11:45am. Session 1 runs from July 11th through July 20th, session 2 runs from July 25th through August 16th.
- Contact person: Carin Keland
- Phone: 963-3888
- Email: email@example.com
Three creative, energetic and positive inclusion
facilitators are sought to facilitate play programming and social interactions between children with special needs and those without.
The goal of the program (designed and lead by an instructor) is to foster social independence and positive play experiences for all children.
- Working under the direction and program design of the
- Identifying possible social exchanges between kids with
and without disabilities
- Modeling interactions and wait times for responses
- Recognizing when to cue to prolong exchanges and when to
and fade cues, allowing the children to figure it out on their own
- Assisting leaders in all aspects of shared activities as
- Working with other volunteers, including high school
aged, to ensure successful experience for all kids
Volunteers will work with children in 1st to 8th grade
through the Whitefish Bay Recreation Department.
Structured program for 2 sessions. Volunteer must commit to sessions in their entirety, either one or both.
Monday through Wednesday from 8:45am to 11:45am. Session 1 runs from July 11th through July 20th, session 2 runs from July 25th through August 16th. Location will be at Klode Park in Whitefish
Contact: Carin Keland , Director of Recreation and
Community Education at 963-3888 or Terri Hart-Ellis at 217-8999, as soon as possible to apply!