Outpost's Buy A Bag for the hungry is taking place now through December 31. This is the twelfth year for the community program.
Outpost Natural Foods is working hard to offset that trend that donations to the Hunger Task Force are down this holiday season compaed to 2010 with its annual holiday food drive.
Buy A Bag is simple: for each $20 donation a shopper makes, Outpost provides $40 worth of natural and organic foods for the hungry including bags of fresh potatoes, carrots and apples, which is enough to fill a standard grocery bag.
- The 2011 goal is 1,800 bags of groceries
- For a $20 donation, Outpost provides $40 worth of natural and organic foods
- Outpost partners with Hunger Task Force to deliver to food pantries in need in January
- With Buy A Bag donations in 2010, Outpost provided over $64,000 worth of food, or over 1,600 bags of groceries
- Since its inception, Buy A Bag has donated over $377,000 worth of food to Hunger Task Force